View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1998 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White - Black Trim - Red Sport Decals
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:94
98RamSport will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remerson228 View Post
Is the sounds changing with engine speed or with the movement of the truck, side to side in particular? The musty smell is mildew building up on your evaporator. There are kits available that can lessen or get rid of that smell. Make sure you check the drain tube for a blockage. As for the cooling issue, my first guess is that your system has a low charge and possibly a leak.
No, the water rushes/sloshes just at startup, not all the time. Where can I get a kit, and is it something that a mechanically incline individual can tackle, or are there special tools required that I should take it to a shop for? Where is the drain tube and how do I check for blockage / correct the blockage if it exists? I have checked my Haynes manual and have not found an A/C drain tube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms Blue Ram 1500 View Post
Could also be low on coolant . Thats the rushing water sound you may be hearing , the heater core filling up . You could have a heater core leak also . Have done quite a few heater cores in Rams .
I keep up on my fluids pretty regular, but I haven't checked the coolant in about two weeks, and this sound has been going on since before then. If it is a heater core leak, how would I know? Replacing this would require discharging the lines right, therefore I would probably need to take it to a service center to have the work done? There are a few things I really try to steer away from; some electrical, gas lines, A/C components.