View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 06:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:355
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

I'll be the first to admit that my truck is a pavement queen. The worst it sees is an occasional gravel drive or maybe the rough, washed out road to our camping spot that we go to maybe twice a year. So I don't think I have anything much to worry about there.

I'm already running Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackles. Zero issues so far and love em compared to stock. I just keep finding myself wishing for a tad bit more drop....not slammed or anything, just a little bit less fender gap. I wouldn't try to run the drop leaf springs with the drop shackles so I would actually have to replace the drop shackles with OEM shackles (which I would have to buy...the OEM shackles that I took off were worn out). So I'm probably looking at $400+ to go with the drop leaf springs.

I am revisiting the idea of pulling the OL spring. It will get me down just a tad more for free. I'm also thinking that pulling the OL and new shocks on the rear might even help the ride a little. I'm just concerned about doing so with the springs like they are. The OEM springs are really the only reason I have been considering the drop leaf springs anyway.

Thanks for all your input....I gotta lot of thinking to do I guess, lol.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.