View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 02:05 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

All of the problem items you listed are controlled by the instrument cluster, which is noting more then a system computer that also sports gauges and lights for you to look at.

Although it is not unlikely that it has gone bad, I DO NOT recommend replacing it until a few other common and much lower cost maintenance things have been done. I recommend these be done by a technician (even DIY tech) that is somewhat familiar and comfortable with vehicle electrical systems AND understands the importance of disconnected the battery before randomly disconnecting cable harnesses from critical system components.

2 areas that are commons areas of intermittent failure are the big multipin connectors on the back of Instrument Cluster and the bottom of the IPM (Integrated Power Module - AKA Fuse Box). The trick here is to unplug the re-connect each of these big connectors so the contacts are 'cycled' which goes a long way to restore poor connections caused by minor corrosion.

If that fails to restore operation, I would be leaning toward a defective Instrument Cluster; but will advise you to have it tested by a Dodge shop so they can hook up their test unit and confirm if the cluster is in fact defective.

Here is a link to the wiring diagram for the Instrument Cluster.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI