Old 06-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Blue&Tan two tone
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:44
Aina Ram is on a distinguished road
Default Consol swap questions/ Any help suggestions Appreciated!!!

Me and another guy are swapping consoles, I have column shift with fold up center seat, He has center console and shifter.

Part numbers appreciated if you have them!

I'm excited but want to check check and re-check before we meet up to swap everything so any thing I am missing in the list I write here if you notice plz fill me in and I'll be most appreciative!

2X shift linkage extension/adapters, I believe it the same to go from column to consol and vise versa?

2X wire harness "both the same" for the + and - gear buttons on the shifters?

I know there's a sort of pivot type bracket I will need to swap when I get the consol in my truck but will the one I take off be ok for his?

Radio bezel I know will need to be swapped but one concern is mine is 2wd so the knob area on the 4x4 is a pocket on mine, question is is his 4x4 knob able to unscrew from the back of his radio bezel? Also is it able to screw into my bezel for the swap and my pocket area able to screw into his radio bezel where his 4x4 switch was?

Sorry for the long write up but I approached this gentleman and I want the swap to go off without a hitch and have "EVERYTHING" we need to do it right the first time.

Any help, suggestions and parts I haven't listed that we will need that you can tell me ill be very great full.

Thanks in advance guys and gals!
Sponsored links