Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 Quad Cab 2wd
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
billhere is on a distinguished road

Zixxer:
You are so correct on dirt being bad... So far my filter is staying put, with minimal pressure from the seal from the hood... I'm thinking that to much pressure, trying to get the hood to seal to the base was warping the base allowing the filter to not stay in place... It will bend the outer parameter of the base downward allowing the filter to slip out of the base... There is no amount of pressure applied from the hood that will allow this design to seal against the hood.... Period... I'm guessing (imho) that it is not important to most folks for this CAI to seal against their hoods, but I do not want to be sucking all this hot under hood heat into unit... So I'm still trying to make this work as Vararam advertises, but no love yet... Patrick has ordered some kind of special seal for me to try and make something special (not Vararam 4G Air Grabber stock) so it can seal against a bone stock Mopar hood and truck... Still waiting on Vararam to get me something to mod a stock setup and make it work as they have advertised... I'm guessing that these units are in need of a complete re-design to work with the Gen4 trucks...