View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 05:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Bomb View Post
While I was installing my Tailgate Assist I had an issue with the nutcert. Called Dee Zee and the lady on the phone was really helpful. Within a matter of literally two minutes I had new nutcert on the way. Parts arrived two days later and not only did they send a replacement nutcert but also all the other misc parts that are included with a new shock. If only all customer service departments were this good.

I found the hardest part of this was taking the washer off of the bolt, so I could take the limiter off!!

The nutsert was a bit of a pain in the butt, but once you figure that out it's smooth sailing.

For those of you that are having a hard time with the nutsert do this.

Measure your 3/4" on the nutsert and with a bright colour (paint, liquid paper) mark a small line onto the nut itself.

Insert the device into the hole and use your allen key to hold the screw part still. With your wrench, turn the nut clockwise no more than 9 turns of the white paint that you see on the nut.

When you have finished your 9 turns, then use your wrench to turn the nut counterclockwise until it becomes lose. Then use the allen key on the screw to take the device the rest of the way out.

I have to admit it took me a few seconds to get my head around how it worked, but once I figured it out it was simple.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nutsert.jpg (98.4 KB, 41 views)