View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 04:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:207
Rexer has a spectacular aura aboutRexer has a spectacular aura aboutRexer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowUFO View Post
I may just do that. Thanks for the tip. I hate inaction like this. So not necessary. Just show me, make a copy and let me take it to the Police. Easy. because if they don't, I'm out five hun for the deductible and this tool gets a pass!

Chances of them releasing footage directly to you are very low - chances of them releasing to the police are much higher. Basically if you find somebody that's being helpful to you at the mall, ask them to review the footage and make a copy for the police. Once the mall has completed a copy of the footage they can call the police and give them your police case # regarding the video. Usually an officer will then come by to pick it up.

That being said, if your getting the run around - you have another route. It's a PITA to everybody involved but will get results - and that's filing a request to information to the mall. The request can be as simple as you wanting verification that a camera is recording the spot where your vehicle was parked. When you get a yes that there was coverage, provide that to your insurance.

Good Luck!

PS- call the police and ask who was assinged to your case, then keep on the investigator as to the footage...a lot of security systems will re-record over the footage if it's not saved in a certain amount of time.