Vehicle: 2011 Ram Crew Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl Coat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:50
MorePwr will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RekTek View Post
I could see it handling slightly better if its done properly but to me it's just a case of fashion over function. You cant say it doesnt take away anything. You sacrifice ground clearance, ride comfort, towing and payload capasity, resale value, damage resistance from road debris, safety... etc all so it can have 5% less body roll around pylons. It just makes a good truck slightly less useful. Just like I wouldn't lift my car, I wouldn't lower a truck. If cornering is your reason why not trade it in for a fast car? I know, I'm being a dick. That's all ill say. Just tell me I'm wrong and ill be on my way
Sacrifice ground clearance? Nope don't have that issue, stock tires and wheels, how did that change?
Ride comfort? Nope, replaced spindles. I kept the stock springs, shocks and tires NO Change
Towing? NO hitch, not a problem
Payload? No issue so far
Damage resistance from road debris? What is that?
Safety? What changes as far as safety?

Mine is lowered because:
I like the looks
I don't have side steps, but have a short girlfriend and kids. I don't want damages from climbing in to the truck and sliding over the seat edges.
My truck is for street use and rarely gets driven (2011 w/ 17,485 miles). I don't need ground clearance because I don't depend on my truck to make a living or climb over things.

But I understand your point of view. I often ask why people chrome out everything or "murder" their vehicles. Very few pull it off. I managed a truck accessory retail store for years, and I know people want to make their vehicles personal. I notice you don't have any listed mods, so maybe you are one of the people that likes the stock look and performance. I personally have modified EVERY vehicle I have owned. In excess of 35 vehicles, but I lost count....

Last edited by MorePwr; 06-24-2013 at 09:49 PM.