View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 11:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Hemi Regular Cab
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:277
GrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhp View Post
It boils down to money. "If" the dealer does it, lift, lower, bigger tires, different exhaust, different gears, factory hi-po tuner or whatever, its OK. "If" you do same thing and something goes sour, "they" can start denying warranty. I lowered the back of my truck with springs/shocks. So NO warranty if a shock starts leaking or spring sags. "If" they wanted to be #@$%%&^'s and I had a bushing go bad in a track bar, "they" could refuse to fix because its not factory ride height and "I" caused it. All depends on dealer, what mod, and most important, how much $$$$$$$$.
Yup.....and when you do hi-po mods yourself, all bets are off. All work must be documented by the factory if they are going to foot a bill for major mechanical work......shadetree mechanics with these high tech ECU's today is taking a huge financial risk. A friend of mine, who is a Master Mechanic for Ford told me last week, the biggest red flag for warranty denial today is the aftermarket tuners......enough said.