Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500
Trim Level: BIG HORN
Color: SADDLE BROWN
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
JEDIDIEAH is on a distinguished road
Default Recirculation actuator

some wires got stuck near the recirculation vent door that rotates up and down behind the glove box which caused gears to strip or plastic to break so now that vent door only moves 1/4 of an inch and will not seal the opening so i am not getting full recirculation of the air in my cabin. What i would like to know is where is this actuator it wasn't visible, and how hard is it to take this system apart and reassemble, it looks as though the blower motor housing has to be removed then another box, and then you can get to the area of the vent and possible actuator. The dealership said it's 50/50 chance it is unwarrantable as i modified the housing to put in a cabin air filter. They said worst case scenario it will cost me $750. So basically if they have to replace it not under warranty it will cost $1,000. As every estimate i have ever received was not high enough. Any hints tips and tricks would be so helpful. Also from the mopar parts websites and rock auto all they seem to show is the vent actuator, which to me changes the airflow from floor to dash to defrost. Noone seems to show a recirculation actuator for behind the glove box.

thanks!
Sponsored links