Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:49
Tcon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefalan23 View Post
$65
They do nothing. Take it from someone who has put one on every vehicle they've owned. JLT claimed a 30rwhp gain on 05-09 mustang gt's, I felt NOTHING. Most people claim these gains to justify to themselves the money they spent. You can spend $400 on a kit, or get the same result for much less. You achive gains from tunes, gears, cams, heads, torque conveters, superchargers, turbos, LONG TUBE headers, Take your pick. There, I said it.
A CAI alone will not yield the results you expect, but in combination with other mods the CAI does help by drawing in colder air as well as increasing flow with less restrictive filters.

This filter test pretty much sums up the flow factor and filtration quality. I did notice an MPG gain when I did CAI + Exhaust on my old truck. However, if you let that filter get dirty and it becomes restrictive, you will suffer the downside of that.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~jbplock/ISO5011/SPICER.htm