View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 10:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2015 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Granite
Rep:500
dodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi N Haw View Post
Hey Dodgeboy. Not in complete disagreement here but questioning your theory.
I too feel the tuner f'd the ecu & gave him the majority of the issues. However & I may be wrong cause A- I'm new to dodge, the hemi & ram trucks as far as ownership & knowledge. My only prior experience was w/ friends who replaced transmissions sometimes more than twice on theses trucks. Not the 2009-2012 gens but before them a lot. I fancy my self as a semi skilled mechanic home grown of sorts & all my introduction to tools & machines is courtesy of my father who was a mechanic for over 45 years. That all said these hemi's are not dry sump motors & nor do they have electronic oil pumps. The m.d.s system is computer controlled on the ignition / fuel & air side but the oil pump is old school mechanical like most any other motor. So that said I can't figure out how a ring could go dry. In four or eight cylinder mode the oil pump is functioning same same. Please explain to me I'm not being a wise ass & I too feel the tuner let him down. But w/ modern vehicles it's the only way to mod & enjoy theses toys....
The way I was thinking is... The tuner threw out bad codes and caused a misfire.. Which means the cylinder isn't fireing but I'm assuming its still getting fuel with no spark.. And to me this would mean the raw fuel would wash out that cylinder and cause the rings to wear out faster then normal. And since now it's running on all cylinders the cylinders that were "wounded" are now low on compression and burning oil. And by the way i am no mechanic I as well just dick around with cars as a hobby I got an old ramcharger I built from the ground up. And I'm not to knowledgable on all the new electronic engines.. What I was saying is just how it makes sense to me