View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 11:57 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Bright White-W7
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:139
Hemi N Haw will become famous soon enoughHemi N Haw will become famous soon enough
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy360 View Post
The way I was thinking is... The tuner threw out bad codes and caused a misfire.. Which means the cylinder isn't fireing but I'm assuming its still getting fuel with no spark.. And to me this would mean the raw fuel would wash out that cylinder and cause the rings to wear out faster then normal. And since now it's running on all cylinders the cylinders that were "wounded" are now low on compression and burning oil. And by the way i am no mechanic I as well just dick around with cars as a hobby I got an old ramcharger I built from the ground up. And I'm not to knowledgable on all the new electronic engines.. What I was saying is just how it makes sense to me
Hey dodgeboy I appreciate the explanation since I didn't understand initially. I had an old monte carlo & swapped in a 4.3 v6 to replace the original one that took a crap. The money was the issue at the time so I went a real cheap route & picked up a 4.3 from a boat yard that I worked at. I swapped the intake but not the cam from my old 4.3. It was an old tbi motor. The computer wasn't reading her right so she was dumping fuel in at a higher rate due to a boat making more use of higher rpm. I never did anything to compensate & wham the engine blew due to the fuel washing them cylinders down at a faster rate. So I get it now. Sorry I was such a dumb ass. I forgot old cliffs original threads where he mentions the truck miss firing & the plugs being all fouled up. Yea & in regards to cliffs dilemma. I too feel the tuner is the culprit if so I wonder who else has had issue w/ theirs, bully dog or diablo?