View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 05:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Rep:10
RickinWA is on a distinguished road
Default Towing: Using the "Gain Adjustment" power output

RE: Integrated Trailer Brake Controller - How to set & vary the "Gain Adjustment" power output under varying road conditions.

First, I’m a first time truck owner as of 2 weeks ago purchasing the RAM 1500 SLT Crew Cab 4x4, V8 Hemi, towing package, with Integrated Brake Controller.

Second, “We” just purchased our first travel trailer (Denali 246RK) and will pick up this Friday (June 28th).

Question: What power output settings (+ or -) are made with the “Gain Adjustment” under varying road conditions? Is there a setting or range for towing on level road, a different range/setting going down a 8% grade hill vs 15% grade, or going the opposite uphill? Or, is it done all automatically?

Question: Is this correct? I first hook up the trailer, drive on a level road at 25 mph, and manually squeeze slowly (?) the Gain Adjustment lever using no truck brakes, and the brake controller will automatically stop the trailer, w/o squealing the tires. Then, the brake controller will display the correct setting to use? Again, that number would be for a level road. I’m more confused by any adjustments to be made under different road conditions.

This is all new to me!

Much thanks!!