View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayhemiST View Post
I would imagine that most people who purchase these tuners are getting a legit item......but how do you know? Does a statement come with it saying zero issues or we will cover any problems? No. It's the unknown that I don't like..... you don't know what's coming out of the box. I was thinking about making a BD a future mod after the warranty runs out...but with my luck, something like this would occur right after I installed it.....it's great you have a dealer that understands this....but you're the exception.
years ago, i was looking at hypertech and edge programers for cummins, at the time, one or both stated they would stand behind their product and replace or repair any damage caused by their product. of course some engines blew and the companies gave a run around, but imo, op does have recourse if it was in fact the chip that caused the problem.