Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Prairie Pearl Coat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
Speedogomer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Rob View Post
It depends on which of the 3 places you get your average from & if you've reset it. There's the fuel economy gauge that displays average MPA. It's the one that is used for the corner gauge average. If you reset the fuel economy gauge, the corner gauges will also reset. There are also 2 trip meters with their own MPA miles especially.rages that are independent of the rest.
I thought so too, but it seems it's not entirely true.

I had trip A set for the whole life of my truck before it started a big road trip. 2500 miles averaging 16.5mpg.

Reset trip B at the start of the road trip. Went 1900 miles averaging 19.0mpg.

So trip A was never reset. Meaning it now was a combination of before and after the road trip. Theoretically it should have been 4400 miles averaging maybe 18mpg.

But no, it was 4400 miles averaging 19.0mpg. The same as the road trip. After a while of driving both trip A and B were exactly the same. Any time one would go up or down a 1/10th,the other would too. Even though one had 2000 more miles it was ssupposedly averaging, which should make the average economy change much slower than a trip over less miles.

After a while, both trips a and b, along with the cluster average and change average at the same time, regardless of when they were reset.