Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Hemi Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:51
HemiCrew will become famous soon enough
Default Oil Change Intervals

I am sure that you will get plenty of opinions on this issue. Good timing on this question as my 2009 (5.7L) just turned 2500 miles and my EVIC is telling me to change the oil. I will change it at 3000 miles and switch over to Mobil-1 5w-20 at that time. I plan on changing the oil at every 4000 miles after that. It is probably overkill given the use of synthetic oil but I would rather be safe than sorry. Even if I was going to continue using conventional oil I would change the oil at every 3000 miles. I live in Texas and the heat is tough on engines in the summer thus my rationale for changing probably more frequently than a lot of folks on this site will tell you.

It is hard for me to understand how the service manual says change it at 6000 miles when a significant number of truck owners on this site are routinely reporting that their EVIC keeps displaying the Change Oil message at approximately 2500 mile intervals. I don't drive my truck hard so I was surprised that the Change Oil message was displayed so early. Just my opinion but I hope this helps.