View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 10:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: ram 3500
Rep:10
jasperkins is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for advice on buying - 3500 LH Mega SW

I could use some buying advice / help. My 2001 Tacoma Prerunner has been a great small truck, however I have been eyeing the new framed 3500 SRW for the last year now. I need more to tow a trailer and small 5th wheel.

I have found a Ram 3500 LH Mega Cab 4x4 that has a MSRP of $66,240 here in Denver. The dealer has dropped the price to 59K. They are offering me 5K for a trade on my 177K mile Tacoma PreRunner.

Personally I still think they are very high. Basically they said that they will honor the USAA buying sheet, but not drop price below that. So I walked out, letting them know I could order or goto any dealership to get the same USAA rate / 5K trade. They are saying that they cant go any lower as 59K is below invoice all ready.

Is this accurate- or part of the sale game? I haven't bought a new vehicle in 10+ years. Personally I would think on a 66k truck they could drop the price about 10K for this lot vehicle. I even offered 50K and my trade- they let me walk.

If not, I asked if they would swap out the 18" wheels for the 20" Limited ones (not sure if this is a good or bad idea), and throw in some oil changes- and so far they said no as this was already a great deal. I guess I just wait and see. And advice to the game? The only rebate I see right now is $500 :-(

Thanks!
Sponsored links