View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 09:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:207
Rexer has a spectacular aura aboutRexer has a spectacular aura aboutRexer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by netshadoe View Post
For those of you out in Eastern Ontario, there's a UPS store in Ogdensburg, NY that will accept any shipment for you. Only caveat is that you have to cross the border to pick it up (need your passport/enhanced D/L).

There are a few advantages to it:
- Shipping in the US is usually free
- you don't pay brokerage fees
- there is always someone to accept your delivery
- you can have items that are not shipped to Canada delivered to a US address

and a few disadvantages:
- You have to cross the border to go get it (but who doesn't mind a road trip anyway!?!?)
- you MAY have to pay duty at customs (80% of the time, I've been waived through just telling them up front what I'm bringing in. They are familiar with that UPS location)
- your road trip may cost more than your brokerage fees in gas (but it an excuse for a road trip, so who cares right!!!)

I've used this place many, many times without problems. I even ordered tires from tirerack.com...tires up here were close to $300 each, got them on sale for $99 each at tirerack, and even with duty (GST at the time, about 20 bucks), and 30 bucks in fuel to go there and back from Ottawa, I still saved over $700 bucks!!!

Here's their website:

http://www.trackogdensburg.com/

D
Ya doing a quick run across the border is always an option, personally I don't mind paying the shipping for most things....it's just when the tack on the brokerage fee that things start getting ridiculous. That's when it's easy to just self clear, pay only the shipping and forget the brokerage fees!
$700 savings is worth the trip for sure!