Old 06-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Gray/Black
Rep:15
Rambo Jr is on a distinguished road
Default On Quest for 25 MPG

Hey all as you read in the title I am on a quest for 25 mpg. I just bought new rims from discount tire company that each weighs 10 pounds lighter than my stock 17" steelies. I kept the same tires on there which are 265/70/R17 goodyear wrangler sr-a's. Total they will lighten the resistance by 40 pounds which is solid. From specs that I have seen online, each tire weighs 38 lbs, and each one of my new rims weighs only 25 lbs. 38 + 25 = 63 lbs for each shoe on my truck. Not bad not bad. I would like to buy a bully dog gt hemi plus tuner asap but am having trouble trying to find a legit place to buy from with the best price. Following that mod, a bed cover and something to help it breathe better for the exhaust. I don't really have much knowledge on what I am supposed to get for the exhaust to help mpg so if you have some wisdom please educate me. Will be keeping up with new results as time goes by!

Here is a vid that I made to help yall drive a little more economical on the road