View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:355
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Ramtech is dead on. There is a difference between Chrysler backed and dealer sold. Dealer sold does not automatically = Chrysler backed!!! I guarantee you that every single Chrysler dealership (along with most every other brand dealership) sells some type of third party warranty. Do your homework and know what you are getting. I have done a ton of research on third party warranty companies and can confidently say that the vast majority, if not all of them, are out there to screw you over and take your money.

And to whomever said to not trust dealerships or Chrysler....that's your call but getting screwed by a third party warrant company is NOT the fault of the dealership or Chrysler. Chrysler does not even have anything to do with it. Yes, the dealership sells it and makes money off of it but that's the extent of their involvement as well. They aren't responsible for the third party warranty companies being such douchebags. Even though they are probably aware of it. It's still your responsibility to read what you are signing and do your homework on the company you are purchasing the warranty from. I fell for a third party warranty once (to the tune of $1650) but thankfully thought better of it afterward and did some research in time to see what I had gotten into and get most of my money back.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.