Thread: Damaged rams
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 08:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

Nice thread idea my friend!

wish I took pictures of my damage on my old second Gen. my story is also a whoops on my end.

after a long 12hr mid shift when I was in the airforce, my buddy needed help picking up new bed for his dorm room. after leaving the parking lot, he realized he forgot the paper with directions to the store, so I backed up to turn around.... RIGHT into a fire hydrant. smashed in the rear bumper good.

it gets better.

because of my lift, I hooked myself on the hydrant. couldn't pull off it. so I kicked it into 4 low and gave her all the gas she ever craved. with the truck free, I took another look at the damage. pulling off, I pulled the rear bumper out badly, almost bending it into a 90 degree angle. after filing the report on base with the on duty shift (the unit that took the report was the one who relieved me earlier that morning lol) I snagged his new bed and left to repair the truck.

ended up locating a solid pole and ramming the bumper back into a semi normal location. a few days later I unbolted the bumper and scrapped it. many of you will remember the truck without it's rear bumper, and I think I even favored it that way LOL.

Last edited by double0ram; 06-29-2013 at 08:34 PM.