View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 01:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Color: BLACK
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:9
PeterGriffin is an unknown quantity at this point

I s'pose almost 3 months is better late than never...
The bottom line is the truck did exactly what I needed it to do. I can't complain about the mileage, which went as low just under 7 MPG to just over 9 MPG (all hand calculated). Overall for the trip was 7.8 MPG. At nearly 2700 miles and gas averaging around $3.60+/gallon (used premium 91/93 or 89 if premium wasn't available) it was an expensive trip I'd care not to take again anywhere in the immediate future...

Obviously my fuel range was very limited, and having previously been spoiled by my diesels it was VERY irritating to have to stop at sometimes barely two hours into the trip (on fumes!) to gas up. I brought 3 5-gallon cans along with me for emergency purposes and fortunately didn't need them.

No question I could not have done the trip without the AirLift bags. I was able to dial in my load equalizer hitch and the bags perfectly and that part of the equation was the least of my worries...

Bottom line is I missed my diesel(s) tremendously on this trip...but not for my everyday driving. Keeping that in mind I'm still a pretty happy Ram owner!
MOPAR trailer brake controller,rubber floor mats & rear view camera*tint*Plastidipped wheels*K&N drop-in*180 thermostat*debadged*running boards DELETED*Front Speakers:Quantum Audio 6-inch*Rear Speakers:Pioneer 6x9*Alpine 4-channel amp*Kenwood Sub amp*Sub:2/10-inch Rockford Fosgate*high/low/fog HIDs