Old 06-30-2013, 05:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Unknown
Color: Unknown
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:10
PARTYBOY424 is on a distinguished road

Dealers have taken up some pretty deceptive practices since I bought my 2009 RAM. When I bought that one, all the websites had them listed and then had the "Dealer Cost" and that was literally the cost that you could haggle down a little bit. I went to look at a RAM Friday and the "Dealer Cost" was apparently only for me if I owned a VW, Tractor and went to Vietnam then stayed in the military for 20 years... I got angry and walked out.

So, there's a Ram that I like at another Dealer who's actually listing the "Dealer Cost" with the rebates that 99% of customers actually qualify for. It's a Tradesmen Package truck with a base of 33,300 and with options Totals out at 38,620. Dealer Cost says 3,300 off of that. My only issue is that if there are actually people (even if it's one guy in the state) who qualifies for $7500 in rebates, then that directly affects my depreciation value. No matter what, my truck has to lose $7500 of value the day I take it home because someone else in the state will break even at that price (before haggling, that's just with rebates)

What do you guys think I should realistically go into the Dealer expecting to pay? I have a 12 Wrangler that I will be trading in, so I will qualify for any trade incentive rebate, but other than that. I'm just a normal guy, not a realtor, LEO, Military, Tractor Driving VW owner.

Also, the Tradesman is a 4x4 Crew Cab with the 3.6 and 8 speed with the Rambox and backup camera. The one thing I really don't want that's optioned on it which I'm not sure if I can have them keep? Is the Chrome steps that are $500, I've never liked them or needed them. Located in MA

Thanks,