Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 2500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Prairie Pearl Clearcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:132
mrolow will become famous soon enoughmrolow will become famous soon enough
Default Amp Research Power Step install problem

Due to my work schedule, I took my 2013 Ram 2500 4x4 to a shop to have the Amp Research Power Steps installed. The installer was listed on the Amp Research website as a dealer. I dropped the truck off at 8:00 am to get the steps installed while I was at work. I returned after work and waited for 90 minutes. The sales person told me my left brake light will not light and the windows will not close. They stated the dealer would need to reflash the computer. I immediately took the truck to the dealer and realized none of the electronics were working. When I arrived at the dealer, the check engine light was on. The dealer stated the repairs would be billable as the cause was not covered by the warranty. I will be contacting Amp Research on Monday to find out what the installer did wrong to cause the problem as well as finding out from the dealer what it will take to get the truck back to running condition. I will follow up when I get the answers and the resolution as well as pictures of the install.