View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 09:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
How often do you have RPM's above 2000.. That will make a different ... Gunnin off the line, racing along and such... Getting speeding tickets

I get anywhere from 640-700KM off my 90L tank..
And my 04 2500 QC long box RWD Hemi gets 19.1L/100km.. But if it isn't towing, we drive it like its a ferrari.
Hahahahahha.........hey it was only 1!! LOL......

I got it coming back to Toronto from Mount Forest. I hate to admit it, but I've been caught speeding on that same section of road 3 times!

However the time I got my ticket in the RAM, I really didn't know I was going that fast......it just sort of snuck up on me.

I'm actually quite good at not speeding off of the line in this thing. I know it's a V8 gas pig, and so I go quite easy on it. I also don't want to have to replace the rubber too quickly either.

I just think it's all the stop and go of the city driving near me. I hardly get the chance to take it out on the highway, because of where I live in relation to my office and my clients.

I can get to the office or my clients offices a heck of a lot quicker by doing city streets than I can the highway's. Of course if you have ever been to Toronto once you will know that the DVP (or Don Valley Parking Lot) is the slowest thing ever, so there is no point in taking that.

And then there is the 401. The busiest highway in North America, where a turtle can pass you whilst pulling a trailer.........well unless you want to take it between the hours of 3am and 4am! LOL.....