View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
I see you have the F1. Is there much difference between the F1 and the HD? I am debating on which one to get when I order my 2014 Outdoorsman with Ramboxes.
Hi Bushmaster,

When I was looking into getting my cover I sent an email to Bak and here is what they came back with. Keep in mind that my truck is the Ram 1500 quad cab, with Ramboxes and a 6'4 bed.

Question - I have looked at all of your covers and am confused as to what would be the best one for me?

Answer: Look at the comparison table at: http://www.bakfliptonneaucover.com/b...mparison_table this may help.

Personal input: Knowing how these things are put together, and the incremental costs of materials as you go up in pricing, the best “Value” cover for the money is the BAKFlip HD as it much more rigid than those of lesser price and quality (noticeably so). For a small amount of money more, you get the best cover at the best value point

Question - What would be your next best product to help keep out water and snow, yet require no drilling or modifications?

Answer: All of our covers that fit your truck require no drilling or modification, so that levels the playing field. For ruggedness, rigidity and longevity, I like the HD at a minimum. IF you like the best cover period, the F1 is best because of the FRP outer panels (Fiberglass Reinforced Polymer). IF you like the HD, click on the link below to order the cover to fit the 6.3 ft. bed.

NEW! Dodge Ram MegaCab 2013, 6.3 ft Bed, WITH RAMBOXES- BAKFlip HD Model # 35203 RB

If you want the F1 then order #72203RB

Let me know if I can help you out further.