View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 08:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:481
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light
Default First road trip Hemi 8 speed

Took my first road trip in my 2013 this past weekend,I drove from San Antonio to College Station and back. Driving was mostly highway, but there were several stoplights along highway 21 that hurt my mileage, and there is a short segment of city driving when I turned off of IH-35 before I got onto highway 21. I got 20.5 MPG round trip hand calculated, which included driving around College Station while I was there. My EVIC read 21.5 on the way there until I got to Bastrop where there was some construction, stoplights, and a wreck that slowed me down for a while. I'm pretty happy with the overall MPG since the truck is rated at 21 highway and only has a bit over 1500 miles on it. Also this was on 87 octane FWIW.