View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 10:53 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Back in the day, mid 80's, when pre hospital treatment was still in it's infancy, we had two different private ambulance companies running in the city of Sacramento. Now, with every call, we'd always strike a box for an engine to respond and would always, (95% of the time) arrive before the wagon. I was fresh out of the Coast Guard as an EMT-P. The civilians had never heard of a P, they only had 1's and 2's. This was back in the day when the county handled all the EMS certs. Now days... oh crap, don't get me started on this new national registry gobbleygoop! Anyway, around 1998, an up and coming city, just south of Sacramento called Elk Grove, where I grew up, turned down a contract for the private ambulance company and starting running their own medical trucks from each house, they only had 2 at the time. Well, this idea caught on, so when the contracts for the private companies ended, we started running wagons from our houses too. Over flow still went to the private companies. Then, when the county finally got serious about EMS, we started running Engine/Paramedics since the engine usually still got to the scene first. I retired from Sac County Fire in 2006 and moved to Texas. And I can't believe how ass backwards they are out here. Some cities have it together, but most do not. OY!