View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 12:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:365
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

I have the trailer tow mirrors on my 13 and have wanted to change them out to a standard mirror. After talking to Dodge, my parts guy and a level 4 Dodge mechanic at the dealership I found out that (they all say) it can not be successfully done. The wiring is different, the plugs are different, you run the risk of getting a warning light on the dash and the computer will not reconize the new type mirrors. The two big differences seem to be is that the trailer towing mirrors are not electric fold and all the standard mirrors are elec fold, and if I wanted to try a older model(11 or 12) they wouldn't work either because 13 was the first year they put the temp sensor in the mirror housing. I finally gave up and pray everyday that my wife doesn't leave one of the mirrors on the ground just outside the garage door---LOL
Jay

PS--Thanks for using a larger font---I misplaced my glasses

Last edited by Pull Ya; 07-05-2013 at 12:54 AM.