Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:16
Chris In Marshfield is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
I am glad to read that you are both OK

looks like every body part forward of the windshield is damaged
possibly the passenger door & mirror too

what did you come into contact with, a 4x4 pickup or a Uhaul truck ???
The short story is that a pickup truck cross the center line into my lane of traffic, head-on with the minivan directly in front of me. There was a cloud of vehicles, the minivan flew off the road, and the pickup that crossed the line was stopped in the road in front of me. One thing lead to another, and I T-boned him on a 45 and essentially ran down the side of his truck (hence the damage to the front right quart of my vehicle).

They had to use the jaws to get the passenger out of the truck on the side I hit it on, so you know it was a good whack. Thankfully, the Outdoorsman has massive brakes, so I was able to slow the rig down enough to where the impact was substantially lower than the 50MPH or so at which I was traveling. So much so that the airbags didn't even deploy.

And yeah, the right side mirror was damaged. And I just put those fool things on! You may remember my write-up on that process recently.

So, didn't help his truck at all—his truck was a wreck, so to speak. Although I could "maybe" have driven my truck away, I had them tow it. The engine was still running after the impact, and no fluids were spilled. I was even able to start the truck after I shut it down and move it a bit.

I say it's a mighty fine vehicle!

~Chris