Color: Black/Gray
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:10
bdodge445 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by maust1 View Post
What do you mean by corrected?
What gears did you start with?
I know you don't want to hear it but those new gears should not improve your mileage. I also wonder if you cats are clogged, or maybe the intake.
Mick
By corrected I mean that say with the stock setup I drove 100 miles my odo would show 100 miles, but since now I am much lower geared that same 100 miles would show up as 125 miles on the odo. That is not exact but you get the idea, I did the math to figure out exactly how far I did travel to get a corrected MPG rating. I started with 3.55 gears. I know it's not the gears dropping my mileage because they actually made it go up quite a bit for the first 500 miles, same driving style, same route, nothing changed except the mileage for no apparent reason. Trust me, the cat is not an issue Could be intake though I did fix the plenum gasket, but maybe overnight something got into the airbox, I'll have to check on that. Has new plugs, wires, cap, and rotor as well. Unless the new gears or bearings are for some reason suddenly binding, but there is no excessive heat or noise, I'll have to pull the diff cover and take a peek Thanks for the quick reply!