View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

I have been asked a few times what some of my issue were with the F1 cover on my truck with Rambox.

Well aside from the original post, here are a few more pictures to help explain what I'm talking about.

The first picture you will see shows that the drain cup does not fit properly over the mounting bolts. I can't move the drain cap up higher either, as there is something prohibiting it from going higher. It looks like some sort of rail mounting screw on one part, and a piece of metal at another.

The second and third picture shows how the aluminum latch plate impedes the latch on the underside of the cover from opening or closing properly.

I do think that the retractable latch on the underside of the cover is mounted too close to the end of the cover itself, and not the fault of the aluminum latch plate which mounts to the rail system.

I think that an easy solution would be to cut that aluminum plate back some, and that would allow the retractable latch on the cover to open and close freely.

I have been in touch with Bak about this, and how they can best help me solve this problem, but more than a week has gone by since I've actually made contact with a live person and am still awaiting an answer.

My biggest fear about this that Bak can't handle a simple problem and provide a solution, so what are they going to do if I encounter a major problem?

In general I think that the Bak products are good (as others have claimed), but I think this particular version of the F1 cover on a 6'4" box with Ramboxes wasn't investigated well enough before Bak put it into production, and Bak needs time to asses it.

I could actually live with the assessment that Bak needs some time to asses this if I got any indication whatsoever that they were working on finding a solution, but I'm not, and would there for have to suggest people look elsewhere for a cover if their truck is the same as mine........at least until Bak solves this issue.

Mountain out of a mole hill?? Perhaps! However Bak is creating the mountain, and I am just merely a Sherpa trying to get to the top.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 288.jpg (92.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 290.jpg (91.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 293.jpg (93.9 KB, 29 views)