Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
2na is on a distinguished road

Update.

Brought the truck back home, and after a ton of errands went at putting the rocker arms back on. First one on #2 cylinder was a piece of cake. The one on #8 cylinder, not so much. After cursing and fighting, I remembered my mechanic saying to make sure the lobe was up - I'm guessing he means the oblong part on the shaft - and indeed it was down. I started the truck for a half second, and the shaft rotated enough that I can get the rocker arm positioned to snap it back in place. Problem is that it is the LAST rocker arm on the engine, I'm 5'8" and I'm already on a stepladder to get to the F***ing engine!
Anyone got any tips on this last "SNAP" - I don't have any leverage, or real visibility to get this done and I'm knocking off for the night, since my next step is to kick something that will invariably wind up being expensive.
I've got pads that I lay in the engine to lay on, and it helps, but how the heck do you work in this thing? I'm short, and my arms aren't anything to make Ah-nold jealous, but I just don't seem to fit in this thing.

Help a wide midget out, please?