Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:34
muddy53 is on a distinguished road
Default Nice Setup

Sounds like a hot setup. Would like to hear more about it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef2011 View Post
Never said I didn't drive fast gentlemen! But there's different styles of fast driving and my is not drag. I am absolutely hooked on off throttle massive torque that lets me just pour on the power going out of a turn, or when merging, or at Limerock with its many bends. And yes, you can all mock me now but I use my R/T in both local Solo II slalom and at Limerock track days.

Why the 392? I'm not a fan of supercharger whine nor adding FI to a motor that is not built for it. I'd love to do a turbo but again, I'd want a motor built for it first. So after research, here sat a brand new crate motor 2012 392 for a Challenger with warranty at a price that made it competitive with all other power options. My entire exhaust and headers were a carry over as was my intake manifold with the 392 injectors instead. Forged crank, piston oil squirters, big valve head, no MDS, water cooled oil and all of it able to be controlled by my stock ECU with some magic from Sean. But if you really want to know why, come on by and take her for a spin. I promise you she does not just sit in the garage!