View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:111
TheBlackHemi will become famous soon enoughTheBlackHemi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi View Post
My RC is a 4x4, weighs almost as much as a 2WD CC, and only has 3.55 gears at 2500' DA
ever run your numbers through DragTimes DA converter? (mine: 13.4/102)

BTW, biggest difference between my Ram and Yours,
Mine still on the original transmission halfway into its Fourth Race season.

My CMR had me on his dyno already for a custom tune and he said it was near perfect, just tweaked the fuel trims at the top end and called her done for $125 (4 pulls)

Hemi Fever wont do me any good as I wont be running NA much longer, (1-2 weeks)
I already have custom supercharger tune from Ripp installed on my Trinity that MGH is doing the Custom Trans tuning for because I'm installing his custom built trans (500+HP/TQ) next week.
Mine would be going strong too but I let WL get ahold of my truck lol......

Don't know what mine would have been converted too but I made a 13sec pass on my first ever 1/4 run (so launch was far from being dialed in). That's also with not being able to shift past 5800-5900rpm and bouncing of the rev limiter on my 2-3 shift.....that's still something diablo hasn't fixed for us 2011s and up.

I also tried a different launch technique than what I always done on the street/ 1/8 mile track. Matt from Moes was telling me to stall it up to 1500rpm smoothly/in-sequence with the launch while we were at the track that night. I should have left off of idle because I felt I started to pull timing killing power (like discussed on these forums plenty of times). So who knows what I actually could have put down if everything mentioned was fixed/done right.

I know 4wd adds weight but don't you use the 4wd to your advantage for grip/launch? GreyChevy ran a 13.3 in his RC 4wd hemi so IMO high 13s in a RC 4wd or not is not that impressive as a CC doing it. No disrespect and not belittling your accomplishments with your N/A hemi but There are plenty RC in the 13s but only 1 CC. I'm not making this a pissing contest by any means, just stating facts.

Besides it's not like I can rise the bar for the CC because when the tranny dumped I had a fire sale on all my performance parts. Now I'm back to stock and actually hate driving my truck now after comparing to what it was to what it is now. ......Oh well I have another vehicle now to fill my need for speed, going from a 13sec street driven vehicle to a 10sec one isn't all that bad.