View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 03:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:111
TheBlackHemi will become famous soon enoughTheBlackHemi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi View Post
Greychevy was running ARH Long Tubes,
4.56's and a Stall at near 0 DA to get 13.384/99.44

and I believe we have the only 2 4G 4x4's in the 13's
I need it because of my open rear diff or its a one-tire-fire

4x4 is only an advantage at launch, after that its a burden, weight and rotating mass
with more drivetrain loss going through a transfer case , an extra drive shafts, additional differential to turn and 2 more axles/CV's after the power leaves the transmission...
yet my trap speed is substantially higher than yours for the same ET, weird?

13.898 @ 98.51 - 2010 1500 RCSB 4WD 5.7L - N/A - BlackRamHemi - 05/13/11
13.898 @ 95.11 - 2011 1500 CCSB 2WD 5.7L - N/A - TheBlackHemi - 12/07/12

My time listed above was from May 2011,
The only mods at the time: airaid intake, Maggy catback, DR's and a canned Diablo 93 tune.
(No e-fan, no headers, stock TC)..and still the same shitty 3.55's open diff I have now

Its too bad you didn't include a built trans for an extra $2500,
it would have saved you a lot of time and trouble,

not to mention having to go out and buy another car only to start all over again

and hating on what once was a perfectly good truck

Just a little friendly ribbin', we're still Bro's
Yeah were still bros

I'm sure my MPH is down due to be just being bigger than you with more contact surface area causing more drag....also not being able to shift at the same rpm doesn't help.

I knew my tranny could possibly go out but I didn't need someone to do it for me with a tune. Hell I had a nitrous set-up (with a HF base nitrous tune) sitting in my garage I was gonna put on back in January. I opted not to until I go another vehicle because I knew the tranny would eventually go out then. It was just a coincidence it happened on the way to the dealer to check out that other vehicle.

As far as not manning up for the tranny that is not all that true. I wasn't sure at the time what was wrong with the tranny and simply used my free towing service from the dealer to have the diagnose it. There the ones that call me back saying they were gonna replace it under warranty (of course knowing people helps) but I don't know anyone who in there right mind would have said no thanks to that. If they would have come back and told me its gonna be x amount of dollars of course its a no brainier to go with an aftermarket tranny and I was prepared for that.

Really after this happened I thought to myself do I want keep putting money in to this truck.....answer was pretty easy. Just look at the aftermarket for these 4gen trucks or lack there of. Unlike Chevys and Fords there no real potential to get any of these trucks reliably in the low 11s and 10s mainly due to the tranny. So for me it would have really turned into a money pit trying to chase my goals I would want out of a truck to keep up with fast cars. Hence what caused the fire sale of all my parts off my truck (some parts were still at the dealership on the truck) and used the old saying "if you can't beat them join them."

As far as having the start all over again, it was pretty easy....

Over 5k worth of used parts sold from my truck + another 7k out of my pocket all within the first month of ownership = a reliable 10sec 650rwhp beast

Last edited by TheBlackHemi; 07-07-2013 at 03:08 AM.