Vehicle: 2013 Dodg Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:148
JWM59 will become famous soon enoughJWM59 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09nitetrain View Post
i've notice on a lot of chrysler vehicals that a bad expansion valve will cause a lot of a/c issues. had one where the guy took it to the dealer they evac and recharge the system. and they said the system was low. well it was all stuck on the high side. i guess there tech did know how to read the gauges. kept tapping the expansion valve with a small ball pin hammer. took out 3.5 pounds in system that called for 2. people dont know what there doing. but i was thinking about getting that home pipe wrap insulation from lowes for hot and cold water lines and doing the could/suction side of my a/c system and some how wrapping my accumilater too to see if i can get my a/c colder in my truck. miss the days of r12 in my old chevy truck
I started a thread and I named it, Need tech Input. I think my problem is an electrical related thing and now that everything runs on electronics it really keeps them scratching their heads. But you are so right I haven't had a vehicle in a long time that impressed me with nice chilly A/C.