Thread: Just waxed
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough
Default Just waxed

I have not waxed a vehicle in years but decided to go for it today on my 2013 crew cab. I wanted to wait so it wasn't so hot but I waited a little to long because I was outside with a flashlight making sure I didn't leave any wax on. I was rushing and I guess I didn't get all the bugs off and I waxed over a few. I'm hoping I can use the spray detailer tomorrow to get the bugs off tomorrow. I used turtle wax ice liquid wax after washing with the ice soap as well. I'm not sure how good I did since it was dark out when I finished. The bottle says its okay to get it on the plastic and rubber pieces which was my deciding factor between it and the meguires.

I waxed everything except the sport grille chrome inserts and the roof. How in the hell do you guys wax the roof? With my crew cab I can barely reach the middle of the roof while standing in the bed of the truck. I will try to wax the roof tomorrow. I'm guessing its okay to wax the plastic chrome inserts in the grill also? What about the stock sidesteps? Rims?
Sponsored links