Old 07-07-2013, 11:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport CC
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Eurotrash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Ya View Post
I have the trailer tow mirrors on my 13 and have wanted to change them out to a standard mirror. After talking to Dodge, my parts guy and a level 4 Dodge mechanic at the dealership I found out that (they all say) it can not be successfully done. The wiring is different, the plugs are different, you run the risk of getting a warning light on the dash and the computer will not reconize the new type mirrors. The two big differences seem to be is that the trailer towing mirrors are not electric fold and all the standard mirrors are elec fold, and if I wanted to try a older model(11 or 12) they wouldn't work either because 13 was the first year they put the temp sensor in the mirror housing. I finally gave up and pray everyday that my wife doesn't leave one of the mirrors on the ground just outside the garage door---LOL
Jay

PS--Thanks for using a larger font---I misplaced my glasses
I have done the swap and your local dealerships employees are incorrect and incompetent as with all employee at any dealership.

The wiring is NOT different.
The plugs are NOT different.
I have no codes.

I'm still in search for an answer too after I swapped out my tow mirrors, door modules for both doors, and both window switches.

We examined the wires and plugs very closely and all wires/colors match.