View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Power Wagon
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:256
battlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTech View Post
I see these companies laying the pipe to customers on a daily basis because they either won't cover a particular failed component, use the cheapest parts they can find or take someones coverage away as they did in this case. They frequently use junkyard components such as engines, transmissions, transfer cases and rear ends. Many of them won't pay for needed fluids when something is repaired or replaced ($5 a quart multiplied by 14 quarts of ATF+4 adds up). Several times I have put in a transmission or rear end only to discover the junkyard part they sent was just that - JUNK. The most recent customer wound up waiting over 2 weeks to get his truck back for just this reason. Replacing the needed parts under a Chrysler service contract would have taken 2-3 days max.

I agree with all of your statement except the final sentence. I have had several repairs under Chrysler warranty and never once has it been done in 2-3 days. I am on week three waiting for a replacement shock right now ( I know, small, but still covered). My fuel line that was leaking took 4 weeks to show up and lets not even talk about unit bearings (hence why I switched to manual hubs).