View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram factory order
Trim Level: ST
Color: BLACK
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:256
HOTRODHARLEY is a jewel in the roughHOTRODHARLEY is a jewel in the roughHOTRODHARLEY is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownGP View Post
Ofcourse but who really knows if it half ass works. We will see. Everyone gets shunned if they dont by $100 catch can and think there engine will blow if they run anything less.

No shit. They are pretty much copies off each other. I was speaking of the ones on ebay... To me I think a catch can is a piece of mind mod.. You want to tell all the HEMI's in the 4th gens, 3rd gens and there LX cars have to run a catch can?? Pretty sure there doing fine without one, when I was search for my ram. I came across many 4th gens with around 100K.. Seem be running ok to me.
Pull off your TB after 20k... And see how much oil is on there. Oil is never ever meant to be in the combustion chamber... All an engine should see is air and fuel in the top end... 100k on a motor is nothing. "Running ok" is not the same as running like brand new... Try 300k on an engine. A catch can is a great addition to extending an engines life span. And really... What's a $100 investment for a $40...$50... $60,000 truck/car..? How much did you spend painting your pretend can to match..? Think about it....
Belltech 3"/5" Lowering kit. Belltech Rear Swaybar, Flowmaster Y Pipe, Custom 4" Single Exhaust w/ 4" Race Magnaflow, 22" SRT10 Wheels, Moroso Catch Can, Undercover SE Tonneau Cover, Weathertech Techliner Bedliner, Diablosport Trinity w/ Hemifever Tune