Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:44
TaderzNgravy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
There seems to be some confusion on the different transmissions:

68rfe diesel6 speed transmission in HD trucks
66rfe gas 6 speed transmission in HD trucks(essentially 68rfe internals in a 545/65rfe case)
545/65rfe gas "6" speed transmission in 1500 trucks. Uses 5 gears in typical upshifting
45rfe gas "5" speed transmission(same as 545/65rfe but different programming). Uses 4 gears in typical upshifting

I'd LOVE to have the 66rfe in my truck(even more so than the new 8 speed...). MGH if you ever figure it out please let us/me know. How exactly are you trying to go about it?
If he did figure out how to do it, why would he tell everyone exactly how to do it? Mike isn't in the performance business for practice. Maybe when UNICEF gets into the aftermarket performance business then they well give away their secrets, but for now its going to be like any other performance shop....... R&D = money and nobody likes giving away either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh View Post
The Turbo 400 is a great trans, but it's a 3 speed. PWR is probably programing the TC to lock and unlock in every gear so that it seems that it is a 6 speed. Third gear in the 400 is 1:1, no overdrive. The only way to make a 400 truly a 6 speed is to put a Gear Vendors overdrive unit behind it.
That is the first thing I thought of when he said it was converted to a 6 speed.