View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500 QC 2wd
Trim Level: Big horn
Color: Brilliant black pearl
Rep:150
Ramfd has a spectacular aura aboutRamfd has a spectacular aura about

LOL spoiler, I am sitting here reading your post with a grin from ear to ear. Only because I know what you are going through. Never say Die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiler View Post
Carbon wrapping handles......

Mad props to you man- I bought the carbon film- I tried and tried and tried.
First off- I have some skills with my hands but have never tried anything like carbon wrapping door handles.
I made a blue tape rough template- cut the film to approximate size-made a first attempt armed with razor knife, torch, spray bottle, scraper and a plan.
Okay ..... tough working with so many compound curves. first attempt came out "crap level nine" learned a few lessons.
second attempt- a little more careful wielding the torch.... "crap level 6" but made definite progress.
Never say die attitude lead to attempts 3,4,5....... crap, crap, crap but at least down to "crap level 1 or 2"
I ripped it all off and came in to take a second look at your pictures.
Damn you did a great job!!!
I will make another run at it this weekend because as PITA as it was... i was still having fun.
Belltech 2/4 Drop, Mufflex delete, aFe stage II intake, Pace Edwards Jackrabbit bed cover, Rhino Linings Spray in bed liner, Debadged, Red LED bed lighting, Airlift 1000 kit (part# 60824), Nitto 420s 285/50/20