View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Is tired of the BS too

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1776
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
Try looking at your O2 sensors. I just went through a whole mess trying to figure out my idling issues, and it ended up being a bad upstream O2.
^and he got reps for that^

It is usually the IAC or the upstream 02 sensor. I've cleaned dozens of IAC's and it's never helped one of 'em. At right around $45 you could call it preventative maintenance if it doesn't straighten it out.

As stated above, the next usual culprit is an 02 sensor. You can try unplugging it to see if the idle straightens out. If so, replace it.

(EDIT) sometimes it's difficult to tell which one it is because they'll both have a tendency to sound like a big vacuum leak near the intake. Try unplugging the IAC also, if it gets worse that should be the problem. But usually if you can't keep it running it's the IAC. Running, but poorly and an occasional CEL is indicative of the 02 sensor.

Last edited by Warlock III; 07-11-2013 at 03:01 PM.