View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Rep:77
Doom4life will become famous soon enough
Default TSB for Dash/Center Console Rattle

Hey all,

I brought my truck in two times for an annoying rattle that occurred on rougher roads, bumps and potholes.

The first time they readjusted the center console and tightened everything up. The result was the noise was still present.

The second time I brought it in, they ordered an "insulation kit" for the dash and center console. I had to make another appointment as the part took a few days to bring in.

The result? A dead quiet truck again that fixed my issue along with a few other rattles and squeaks that didn't bother me as much.

However, there is a downside to this fix. A rather cheap looking piece of tape now sticks out of the gap between the center console and the center area of the dash:

Anyone else know of this TSB? I know there were two components to this fix. The first is tape (forgot the part number) and the other is "Nylone Flock" (Part number 5019055aa).

Regardless, I took it back for another issue, and have requested to have that piece of tape removed. The tech did say thay that was part of the procedure, but I'm sorry, that looks way too ghetto!
Sponsored links