View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Rep:1890
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Without knowing what software is in your PCM, I can't really tell you. I do know the flash changed the ignition timing due to a pinging issue and did reduce power to some extent. I'm not sure if they just changed the curve or the total advance as Chrysler doesn't always tell us what exactly they've done. If you're happy with the way the truck runs now, don't worry about it. You can always get hold of a tuner and reprogram the curve that way if you're looking for a little performance gain. I've heard mixed reviews on it being worth the expense, so it may be worth your while to post that question in the 5.2 engine mod section and let the people that have done it give you thier opinions.