View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Laramie CC 4x4 8spd 3.92
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White w/ Blk interior
Rep:69
Driver72 will become famous soon enough

Yeah and that's a bit of a bummer for me.
One of the joys I get out of getting a new vehicle (which is pretty often for me LOL) is putting aftermarket wheels on it, not only for looks but for function.
It feels good to be able to buy aftermarket wheels that are (usually for me) 5-10 lbs lighter EACH. Reducing rotational mass, which of course, improves acceleration, braking, steering response and improves fuel economy. It's a royal flush win.

But in the Ram's case, it seems it will be hard to drop more than 2 lbs each wheel and that's only if I can find the (probably very few) wheels that are under 33 lbs AND look better than the stock Laramie 20" wheels. May be a tough one.

On top of that, often if the OEM tires aren't the best rated or are quite heavy, I'll order new tires as well, ones that are higher rated AND lower weight. But again, Ram did their homework, I've noticed (I think) only 1 tire on Tirerack that's lighter than the stock truck tires (and only by 1-2 lbs each).
So the joy and individuality of aftermarket wheels/tires for me may not happen on this truck. And I really don't have the need or desire to go with larger wheels, or tires for that matter. Maybe my mind will change if I see the right set up on another Ram truck that makes me drool.
Thanks