View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: Looking to buy
Rep:10
bryan8252 is on a distinguished road
Default My truck configuration... Never built?

So I finally decided on what I am looking for in a Ram and I sent several dealers the following email:

"These are MUST HAVES:

RAM 1500 Crew Cab with 6'4" box.
8 speed V8 Hemi
40/20/40 front bench seats
32 gallon fuel tank
RAM Box storage
Spray in bedliner
3.92 gears
White or Gray color.

After reviewing the RAM site, I can only get that configuration in a Big Horn or an Outdoorsman."

One response really got my attention:

I did a quick search at 2000 miles and as I suspected, that 2013 Ram 1500 configuration does NOT exist ANYWHERE. The 6' 4" box on the Crew was a late availability configuration with the 8 speed transmission. Both the Ram 1500s that we received with the Big Horn Crew and the 6'4" box were snapped up quickly. When you add in the other MUST HAVES you listed, I doubt that truck was ever built in the 2013s.

I can order that configuration for you in a 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Big Horn. That basic configuration with the 6'4" box, spray in liner, 3.92, bench seats, 32 gallon tank and the Ram Box storage would have an MSRP $43,735. I have attached a "build sheet" for that configuration. I order that truck for you at $500 back of my invoice cost of $40,303 = $39,803.

I'm a bit surprised that those options don't exist on an existing vehicle (according to one dealer). And what about the price? I have seen dealers with up to $10,000 off sticker listed on their websites. So because I want something specific I am not going to get as good of a deal?

BTW, I test drove a 1500 Sport today with the 8 speed. New cars usually ride nice but wow, loved how the Ram rode. 8 speed felt a bit strange, but I am just chalking that up to being used to a 6 speed. Anyway, I really want one now. Also loved the media touch screen and the dash cluster. Kids loved all the plugs for their electronics too. Just a matter of playing the game to get the best price.
Sponsored links