Old 07-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 dodge power wagon
Trim Level: power wagon
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:68
mb power wagon will become famous soon enough

ok i think there is another important factor here, (not a cure but it will help) what about under hood temps? if the engine is running hot the ambient temp under the hodd will be alot higher. in some cases it helps to have a way for air to escape other than just following the firewall and going under the vehicle. maybe someone mentioned this and i didn't see it but i have seen radiator fins get plugged by dirt and bugs. it will work it's way into the fins and greatly reduce airflow through the radiator. a friend of mine has a 2010 r/t ram and after we put a b&m blower (supercharger if you like) he had very serious issues with heat. we put in the same rad the power wagon uses. (not sure if it was any different than his old rad) but it helped. we also opened the two small nostril scoops in his hood to add airflow under the hood and that helped as well. to help his oil temp we put in a bigger oil cooler and i had an idea. (from my hobby) ok hobby is a fancy way of saying i like toys. lol. if my nitro r/c truck uses a heat sink to cool the engine why not make a heat sink for the sides of the oil pan? so we did. we used several small aluminum heat sinks soldered together and made a bracket to attach them to the sides of the oil pan and secure them with a few of the oilpan bolts. it worked that brought his oil temp down by 20 degrees and helped cool even when we were racing it. just my 2 cents as to what may help. you can't go wrong with airflow.